Monday, June 15, 2009

Finito


The last part of our trip to England was spent at my Ginger Nannie's home. While we were there, I remarked on a cross-stitch she had above her chair of a dragon. It was beautifully done and I couldn't help but to keep admiring it. The last evening there, she handed me this cross-stitch. It was another pattern by the same company and she told me to stitch it up and then give it to my mother. On the way home over the big blue Atlantic Ocean, I started working on it. It was late September of 2005. I finally completed the last stitch in March of 2009. It took 3 and a half years to complete. A couple years ago, I brought it with me to Memorial Day, and my mom made the comment "Oh, Jen! That's going to take forever; it's a 22-count cross-stitch." Which means it is the tiniest cross-stitch I've ever done. To finish it off, I found 3 fabrics and made a border. Then found a open back frame. I am so pleased with how it turned out. This past weekend was my mom's birthday and I finished it in time to give it to her. And needless to say, she loved it. In addition, the frame perfectly matches her sideboard. A project finished and a promise kept to Ginger Nannie. It was well worth the time.

No comments: