Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hawkeye







I was letting the dogs out when I saw this massive hawk in the neighbor's tree. It was so big that while it was sitting in the tree I thought it was an eagle. I ran inside and grabbed the camera. when I went out it saw me and immediately took off. It circled around me screaching over and over. It was staring right at me but never got close enough for a good shot. These are from about 75yds. The pics are terrible, no filter, no time to set up, wrong iso, etc. It's wing span must have been about 4ft, biggest hawk I have ever seen.

1 comment:

Laura Howard said...

Nice! I love bird watching, especially birds of prey. When I saw your pictures Peter and I HAD to figure out what it was. The best we can guess is that it's a red tailed hawk with dark morphology. Beautiful bird, though!