Sunday, June 24, 2012

First attempt at baby pictures, long way to go..





I have never really invested any time trying to shoot pictures of people. My sister is great at that but I tend to do better with still life. Below is my first attempt to learn about light and shutter when working with babies. I have a long way to go. The first picture below shows what this lens and camera are capable of. I shot this test pic of our porch heater, free standing, through a window at a range of about 25 feet.  If you zoom in you can see how clear the image is. Babies move unpredictably and the light in our living room was the worst possible for this experiment but we will improve and by the time I figure it out they won't be babies anymore...



Test shot for contrast and clarity

Laith

testing light and babies patience





Vivienne

2 comments:

Greg and Nancy said...

I think they look great! Such cute subjects, too.

Marci said...

They are so precious! I'm sure that you will have a lot of practice! It is so much fun to see how they are growing!