Saturday, January 26, 2013

Barber Shop Open for Business

Just after Thanksgiving, I realized Laith needed a haircut.  I figured I would tackle that as well and did some researching on how to cut boy's hair and tricks to get the ever moving Laith to hold still.  I was determined to cut his hair in early December, so it wouldn't look weird at Christmas, but time ran away from me and it was the new year.  No better time than for a new beginning.  I strapped Laith up in his high chair, slung a towel over the back, so I wouldn't snip the chair's fabric, and started spraying water all over his head.  At this point, Vivienne decided it was unfair she wasn't getting the same treatment and went into a spastic fit.  She lays on her back and sets her feet on the ground so she can scoot herself along the floor backwards, while screaming like a banshee.  I got Vivienne strapped up too and peace reigned again...until I started snipping.  Then Laith decided he was done and wouldn't sit forward for anything.  The ending hair cut wasn't too bad, until the next day, when it was dry.  Then I started to notice all the stray long hairs I missed around his ears and on his neck.  And how the sides of his hair were still long, so when he woke up, they poked straight out.  I've spent all week, snipping here and there, getting it to a more respectable look.  Not too shabby for a first time, especially with a squirmy worm of a kid, but not the Hollywood A-list look I had intended.

Maybe next time, when he's older, and squirms even more.




2 comments:

Marci said...

It takes practice! Looks good!

SuzyQ said...

I've been cutting Caden's hair for 4 years and I still spend the next week trimming here & there. Especially around the ears & the back of his head. He won't hold still. And he's terrified of the buzzer.