Saturday, March 9, 2013

No Rest for the Wicked

 


I've been trying to capture everyday life lately, but it's proving to be my unicorn.  The babies have somehow learned to act differently in front of the camera.  I'll catch them playing together, chasing each other in crawling circles, giggling and screaming, but as soon as that red camera is whipped out, they sit up and stare at me with innocent eyes as though that's all they do in life.
 



When they wake up for the day, even from their nap, Laith is usually standing at his crib gnawing away on the edges.  Yesterday though, he was actually holding on to the rail and jumping.  My first mommy-thought was "omg! you're gonna crack your teeth!"  My first Jenny-thought was "LOL, my kid is the monkey jumping in his bed."  Vivienne hasn't braved standing up in bed yet.  She keeps trying though and one day I'll find her little face peering over the edge when I walk in.  Most times, she wakes up and coos softly, babbling away at her blankets.  When I come in and say "Did you wake up?" she gives me the sweetest smile and starts bouncing on her bum, hopping up and down in joy.  I've tried over and over to record this on camera, but so far, it's only burned into the memory files of my brain.




Laith is walking everywhere, everywhere that is with a wall, cabinet, couch, piano, high chair, mommy's pants...anything that he can put his little hands to for that support as he cruises along.  I've caught him braving it every once in a while and taking a few adventurous steps on his own, but his little hands always get ahead of his feet, and they end up flying out to break his fall.  Or he starts to tip backwards and promptly sits as fast as he can so his diaper can take full impact.  Vivienne has mastered the art of crawling to perfection.  No weird leg movements or wiggling from her.  I think she may grow up to be a spy one day as she is the best sneak I've ever known.  So many times I've been eating at the table when suddenly a hand grabs my foot and I jump out of my skin and stop my scream just in time.  It's especially cute when she is loud and her little hands and knees smack the floor as she beelines it for whatever has caught her fancy.

*Ignore my conversation...I realized as soon as I thought about skyping grandparents that my sister just had a baby and they would be at her house helping.  I'm losing my marbles and having the toughest time remembering anything that happens in a 24 hour span.

Besides keeping myself busy with twins, work, house chores, laundry, cooking, errands and dogs, I've been working back and forth on several craft projects that I've been intending to finish for a long time.  Like my jean blanket I started before I graduated from high school...which was 15 years ago now.  Boy does that make me feel old.  It took 15 years just to get to high school, and now I've gone 15 more?  I knew I was old the other night when I skyped with some friends and we started talking about the 90s.  One friend sent a link about a buzz feed about the 90s and when I viewed it, half of the items didn't register with me, such as Backstreet Boys and N*Sync.  That wasn't 90s music...at least not for me.  My 90s was Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Live, and No Doubt to name just a few and that's when it hit me.  My 32 years are starting to show.  Back to the jean blanket.  I've finally finished piecing all the jeans together and have the back to work on now.  I have the fabric and finally decided last week what pattern I'd like to do.  Yes, I'm going to patchwork the back too.  I know, getting in over my head but when have I ever done anything simple in life?  I also have dragged out my scrapbook supplies and on occasion find time to paper craft.  This morning I decided to finally finish my cross stitch Something Wicked, the project I was going to finish while I was pregnant, that didn't happen because I went on bed rest 2 weeks after deciding that, then been too busy doing all of the above, so it never finished in time for Halloween 2011 or 2012, but it will finally make its debut for Halloween 2013.
 


No comments: