Saturday, May 3, 2014

Excuse Me, May I Have Your Attention Please?


Unh-unhhh.  Unh-unh-unh-unhh. Now that I have your undivided attention, here is what we've done the last month or so. Mom and Dad kept getting cabin fever which eventually led to a long drive up the gorge. We tried out a new burger joint that Dad had been told was really good. We didn't eat any of it, which was a good thing, as Mom and Dad were really disappointed, especially when they found pink, raw meat in the middle of their hamburgers. We took the cabin fever excursion in the truck.  We went out once before in the truck and it's quite fun. Being up high makes it so both of us can see the sights, instead of just Vivienne (in the car she gets the middle seat with all front windshield views; I'm limited to what I can see out the window, which is mostly trees and cloudy skies). Here you can see me holding my Mickey Mouse coloring book that I've decorated completely with crayons and stickers. I'm quite proud of my handiwork.
Next was Easter. Unfortunately, Dad had to work all day. At least Mom thought so. She felt bad we didn't get to go Easter hunting until he got home. By the way Mom, we really don't care. Honestly, we have absolutely no clue what is going on. Candy at any time is fine by us.


 
 
Last was our birthday. Mom and Dad brought presents out of the back room all day long. First was the skype conversation with Grammie and Poppa and opening some presents. Then we had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. When we came home, we had birthday cake for dessert. I LOVE sweets and was so happy to get my own special cupcake. Vivienne wasn't much into the celebration. She was having too much fun with her new toys. Mom repeatedly lit our candles showing us how to blow them out to no avail. She finally gave up when I tried to put mine out with a finger. We finished the day with more presents and a skype with Grandma and Grandpa.

Mom went all out on our cake this year...NOT! Dad was a little misleading with his FB post. It sounded like she went all out. More like she found this awesome cake topper online at Etsy and she couldn't resist and snapped it up for a great deal. We loved having Daniel Tiger on our birthday cake. We also got the trolley with all the characters to play with. Daniel is one of our all time favorites right now. We watch him every night before we go to bed.


Our birthday was a blast. We had so many presents to open, that the next day, I was convinced Mom would have more to pull out of the back bedroom. I kept knocking on the door, asking her to open it but she refused. I think she's bluffing, as I'm betting there's a stockpile of toys in there still!

1 comment:

Greg and Nancy said...

How fun! It's hard to believe those babies are already TWO! And I'm happy to see that you have a Dusty Crop Hopper plane. :)