Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The bathroom is done
















Some of you may remember 2 months ago when the wife was on a business trip, I tackled a serious project with a stupid goal of finishing it in two days. Weeks before her trip I noticed the toilet wax ring was leaking and the floor was in need of major repair. I didn't tell her about it knowing she would be gone for a couple days and I could tackle it without trying to figure out what facilities she could use(having only one bathroom sucks). Well it didn't go as planned and she came home to a wreck. Two months later the job is complete and it came out great. We did it all, new fixtures, new window, new door, new faucets, new hardware, new tile, etc. One snag we ran into was a shortage of tiles for the shower and yes they had been discontinued and were no longer available. We can't do anything normal so I suggested some kind of carving in a tile to make up for the tile shortage and she suggested a Celtic Knot. I carved the design into the travertine and it worked great. Above are some before and after pictures.

1 comment:

Elicia Launi said...

that is awesome! build my house. :)