Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day Nine

Or should I say day one again? This first week was very trying for us. It's the beginning of what seems like such a long time apart, and the end seems to be no where in sight. I had made plans for the weekend, to help keep me busy. However, these all quickly changed when Bryan needed me to go out to Cali for the weekend. And I gladly went. I love to fly, and love any excuse for a 'vacation', even if it's just two unplanned days to help my hubby wick away some of the home sickness. Friday night was a flurry of texts and then me on an airplane to hop the 1 1/2 hours to see him. It was hard not to run off the plane and out the airport to his parked rental car. My smile was huge and his relief was felt in return. It was wonderful getting in an early sneak 'peak', as originally I would've had to wait til this Friday. The flight home was long and I wasn't nearly as eager to jump off the plane, but the cold of SLC got my butt moving. This morning I awoke to about a quarter inch of snow, which has been added to all day long, but stayed at a quarter inch. And now it's frozen to everything. This should make the morning commute interesting (I'm glad it's only 5 minutes away).
And finally for all those who have been waiting so patiently. This picture isn't a very good one, as I did take it with my phone, but the digital camera is with Bryan while the computer is with me. But at least everyone who's wondered what the house looks like can get an idea.

1 comment:

Laura Howard said...

I remember how miserable it was when Peter and I lived separately for a summer and only got to see each other on the weekends. It does make the times you are together sweeter, though. We should have a Girls' Night with the C.C. girls sometime to help curb some of that loneliness.