Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 26; In Cali and Loving It!

I figured out when would be the best time for me to take a vacation and head out for a week and stay with Bryan while he was training in Sacramento. Unfortunately, we ran behind a little at work with getting our recent contest all typed in, and I spent many, many hours at work this week, hurrying to get everything in, folded, printed, prepared, metered, and on and on so I could head out Thursday for my vacation. And everything fell into place and was completed. But one piece of misfortune was added to this week. One of my coworkers, Nick, is quitting and his last day is December 4. Me and him do the majority of the work; all the printing and coordinating of sending out a finished contest, the same for marketing of our contest announcements, and the beginning to end production of books. And now I get the demanding task of trying this all on my own. It's daunting, and my vacation could not come soon enough. I'm so glad this worked out, as I will definitely need this week to recup from the past one from work and get ready for the next few months of a hellaciously ginormous project. At least I like being an overachiever...right? Maybe it's just insanity.
(Oh, and I'm ecstatic to be here and see Bryan again; he is my happiness :)

No comments: