Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mommy Brain

Capitalize on it and don't rely on it. Jen has found she no longer has the steel trap of a memory she once had. Pregnancy has a big impact on memory and Jen, although she is superwoman, is not immune. In the past when one of us remembered and incident often Jen would correct me and I would utter the preprogrammed response, "you are right". Recently as her "mommy brain" has taken over I have found many an opportunity to capitalize on being "right". One such occasion occurred while at my parent's house during our Christmas vacation. Jen was telling a story (I don't remember what the story was about, don't tell Jen) and she was incorrect about the details. I corrected her and she said "oh, your right"... time to capitalize, I said "what was that honey?" she didn't repeat it and I did have a shoe thrown at my head but that moment of rubbing it in was so rewarding :) I countered with a jab about the "mommy brain" she was experiencing and laughed about being able to get used to being "right".

Fun while it lasted but karma is a...

So Jen always makes the travel arrangements and I just pack the gear like a mule. We arrived at the airport yesterday to fly home to Washington. Our flight was at 1pm and the airports website was instructing people to arrive two hours before your flight because it was the busiest day of the year for that airport. We arrived at 11am and the lines were not terrible. We got through security in about a half hour. When we arrived at our gate the board said the flight was at 3pm. I had Jen pull out her itinerary and sure enough 3pm... We then had the luxury of spending the next three and a half hours waiting for our flight. I made no "mommy brain" comments. I didn't get upset, I didn't poke fun. I just learned, don't rely on the "mommy brain" and karma was delivering a large dose for making fun of her the day before.

Karma is a pregnant woman and you don't want to piss her off!

No comments: