Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

 For Jen's first Mother's Day I took her out to dinner last night while the "babysitters"(NICU) watched the kids. We went to Salty's which is right on the Columbia river and always has an amazing view. Between work and the hospital on Friday I was able to slip away to get Jen a gift. This was the only time I had so I didn't have room for error. Not a worry as the jewelery store had EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I had previously purchased Jen a Pandora bracelet and I wanted to add to it. I wanted a letter for each of the twins and then something with their birth stone. Of course I didn't realize that the birth stone for April was diamond, it couldn't be any of the cheaper birthstones... I found these perfect beads. The one has stars laser cut and then diamonds inset into the center of them. I convinced Jen that she should where her nice bracelet to dinner so she brought it with leaving it in the glove box while we did some shopping before dinner. Then when she was ringing up in Baby-R-Us(another expensive place) I went to the car and slipped the new beads on her bracelet. When we arrived for dinner she pulled the bracelet out and was shocked. She had just looked at it an hour before and they weren't there. Of course she tried to work out when I did it. I love it when a plan comes together...

1 comment:

Marci said...

Bryan, you are so thoughtful! Way to go!