Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's Been a Long Time...Since I've Seen Your Smiling Face

One of my favorite moments is after feeding time when they fall asleep on the pillows I've surrounded us with to accomplish two baby feedings.  Sweet, precious...and quiet!
Laith gives grand smiles.  I love to take up his personal space and get within a few inches of his face and give him smiles too.  He's a lovable personality with tons of energy.  His legs are so strong and he loves when I bounce him while he's standing.  He sometimes helps and pushes with his legs and jumps quite high.

Vivienne is delicate and sensitive.  It took her a little longer to start smiling, but only because she loves to be thoughtful.  She takes her time at everything, as though she's truly trying to understand.  One of her favorite games is to watch Mommy and Daddy stick out their tongues and then mimic us.  She also watches intently when I roll my lips, so intent to learn how I'm making that sound and do it herself.  Daddy will ask for kisses, and she's actually tried to do so several times.  She'll open her mouth in a small o when you place her lips against his cheek. 

Laith had his frenulum clipped in the middle of July.  While he was in the NICU, the doctors mentioned it may need to be done.  At the time it wasn't too bad, and he could nurse and bottle feed just fine.  However, as he grew, his tongue was becoming forked and we decided it needed to be done.  I was an idiot and told the doctor Bryan and I wouldn't mind being in the room when the clip happened.  I wanted to be there for our little man.  Daddy got the task of holding his hands and head still while the doctor clipped.  Mommy sat in the corner and cried.  Vivienne slept through the entire ordeal.  His tongue is now shaping out nicely, and he's cooing like crazy.  I'm glad we got it done, especially at this young age, as I won't have to hear years from now "Mom, remember the time you got my tongue clipped..."
 
Every once in a while, I'll see Bryan in Laith.  This is one of these moments.  His profile is very much his father's face.  I love when these moments happen.  It makes my heart smile.
I started to take 3 month pictures with the bear, but Laith wasn't having it.  He whined and carried on, and this is the only decent shot I got.  By the time I finished with him, Vivienne was passed out.  So much for tracking growth...
And finally a smile captured on Vivienne's face!  She gives the sweetest smiles and melts my heart every time.  Laith and her are trying so hard to get the hang of giggling, and when they do, the tickle monster will forever hide out in our home.

3 comments:

Laura Howard said...

They're so cute! Glad to see they're getting so big and you and Bryan are surviving!

Marci said...

They are growing so fast! It is so much fun when they can smile back at you, it's a little reward for all of your hard work!

Greg and Nancy said...

Hooray for pictures! I love that I can see both you and Bryan in them. :)