Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Week of Firsts

Every day my twins amaze me yet this week has been amazement beyond belief.  This week Vivienne was taking a turn 'riding' the truck when Laith came over and sat behind her. We took a couple laps around the kitchen then a few pictures. Vivienne fell off during the photos. I set her back on behind her brother and stepped back to see two huge grins plastered on two small faces

This week we also pulled out the crayons and the first of many masterpieces adorns our fridge. Laith took long arching sweeps with his crayons. Vivienne gave pointed little jabs with hers. A scene was made when the crayons were put away but the pride on those two faces when I attached their picture to the fridge quickly washed away their tears.

Tonight, while I finished changing Vivienne for the night, Laith grabbed his dirty diaper and held it expectantly. When I stood to clean up dirty day clothes and Vivienne's diaper, he was already to the diaper genie waiting expectantly again, holding his diaper over the pail. His grin of satisfaction after chucking his own dirty diaper into the pail melted my heart. My thank yous weren't loud enough and my smothering of kisses didn't do the job well done justice.

We also started a new bedtime routine of straight to bed when bedtime milk is finished. This is especially hard for me. I sit on the couch with tears in my own eyes as I listen to my babies wail the depths of despair to the world. It's difficult to stay on the couch but somehow I do it. Once the tears are done and the room has gone quiet, I tiptoe in and adjust your blankets and give one last good night kiss. You'll never know this part...not until you're older and one day decide to maybe read Mommy's blog journal...you both are loved more than any two parents could love their twins.

No comments: