Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nine Lives -- Update

So the plan worked. We had some of the best steak ever at Maddox and the mushrooms were dee-lightful! Sadly, they were out of sarsparilla (what is it with that?). We stopped by my parents' house to say hi to my dad who I've not seen since he's been back from Iraq. We even got a phone call from Bryan's dad and Criscell wishing us a do-over happy anniversary. Then we decided to watch "Taken". It took some doing. The Ogden theatres had showings at 10 pm, but it was only 7:45. We decided to drive home and watch one of our movies. On the way through town I thought we should stop by our theatre to see if a time would work. There was a showing at 9:10, and it was 8:50; PERFECT! The movie was good; not too scary at all. And it was exactly the way Bryan would hunt down one of his loved ones if necessary. Kind of weird to see Hollywood do it our way. So if anyone ever has a horrible anniversary, plan a fake one. They work well. :)
Tomorrow night is an official "do-over". After the dismal performance of last week, we decided to have a new fake anniversary. Bryan deemed tomorrow as the perfect day. I'm a little worried. Tomorrow is exactly nine days. Do-doo-do-do Doo-do-doo-do *Twlight Zone*. The plans start with being done at work at 4 pm. To begin the trek to Brigham City, to have our traditional Maddox dinner. We started this on our first anniversary, and continued until this year. Perhaps Kharma has come to call. I'm looking forward to good steaks, decent fries, yummy mushrooms, soft rolls, and homemade sarsparilla (yeah!). The plans after that are a little up in the air. I've had the idea of bowling; our most favorite activity. We each have our own bowling shoes, I have a plastic 10 lb ball, and Bryan has a rolling carrying case with a 14 lb spare ball and a 15 lb strike ball. I think we may be serious. I also thought of possibly going to see the movie 'Taken'. However, this presents a problem. For Bryan it would be great. I would be in his lap scared to no end. Which makes me not want to go, but I think Liam Neeson is a great actor. I'm ambivalent when it comes to this idea.
So all of you out there who read this in the next 24 hours: wish us good luck and that the nines won't come calling.

No comments: